Grow Your Donation with Gift Aid

Help Us Grow Your Donation By 25%!

Because Theatre by the Lake is a registered charity, we can claim gift aid on all eligible donations; Friends of Theatre by the Lake can also claim gift aid on their memberships and eligible donations. 

Gift Aid is very valuable: for every £1 you give, we can claim an extra 25p from the tax man (if you pay tax in the UK). Please help make your support go further by completing the Gift Aid declaration as you make your donation online.

Gift Aid explained:

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is a simple way for Theatre by the Lake (charity no. 516673) and Friends of Theatre by the Lake (charity no. 1108747) to increase the value of gifts of money we receive from UK taxpayers, at no extra cost to you as the donor.

How does Gift Aid work?

When a UK taxpayer gives a gift of money to a charity or Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC), tax has already been paid on that money. This money therefore qualifies for Gift Aid. Because we are exempt from tax, we can claim an amount equal to the tax paid by a donor on their donation as a repayment from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).

How much is Gift Aid worth?

Gift Aid allows us to claim back 25p for every £1 you give to us, boosting the value of your donation by a quarter. All we need from you is permission to reclaim the tax you have paid to HMRC.

What do I need to do?

If you are a donor who has paid UK tax, please 'go even further' by completing the Gift Aid declaration when you make a donation online or by asking us for a Gift Aid declaration form.

What a Gift Aid declaration means

Once you have made a Gift Aid declaration, it will enable Theatre by the Lake or Friends of Theatre by the Lake to reclaim tax on all donations made on or after the date of this declaration.

By saying ‘yes' to Gift Aid you are confirming that you are a UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all of your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

Please notify us if you:

  • Want to cancel this declaration (you can also cancel a verbal declaration within 30 days of it being confirmed in writing and no Gift Aid will be claimed);
  • Change your name or address;
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains;

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue & Customs to adjust your tax code.