Theatre by the Lake is delighted to be participating in Fun Palaces - a UK-wide celebration where community organisations open their doors and host fun activities throughout the day.
Theatre by the Lake's Fun Palace will be taking place on Sunday 7 October from 11am to 3pm and will include activities for all the family led by various groups from the local community.
Free, open to all - an opportunity to learn, create, explore and have fun. We look forward to seeing you there!
Some of the things on offer include...
- From Page to Stage with Cumbria Script Writers - a workshop which will explore how written words acquire different meanings when acted. Take part as an aspiring actor or writer, or just watch the creativity unfold... From 11am.
- Teaching the world a song with Keswick Amateur Operatic Society - Come and learn a new song with Keswick favourites KAOS. No singing experience required - just come and have a go! From 12pm.
- Rucksack of Rhymes (for children age 0-5 yrs), led by Zoe McLain from the Wordsworth Trust. Join us for an hour of singing and stories around the theme of walking adventures! We will explore a short poem by William Wordsworth, sing songs and read a book together, before finishing off with our rucksack full of toys and games. From 11am.
- Craft Activities (for children age 4+ yrs), led by Zoe McLain from the Wordsworth Trust. Are you ready for a walking adventure? Get ready in Wordsworthian style as we look at what William and Dorothy Wordsworth wore on their walks to inspire us to make our own versions. We will also explore what the Wordsworths wrote in the 1800s. From 12pm.
- Lucy Rocks with Lucy Preston, geological enthusiast. Learn all about the geological past of the Lake District, why the mountains you know and love are there; discover what it's like to hold a 400 million years old fossil and how it came to be preserved; see what a modern geologist takes out into the field, and colour in some marvellous maps of the Lake District. For all ages, from 5 to adults. From 1pm.
- Colour, design and theatre with Louie Whitemore, theatre designer.
Life is FULL of colour. We are surrounded by it. Whether it be bright or just a shady tone. Theatre designers have many approaches in producing their work, and many tools to use. Come and see how theatre designers use colour to help tell a story to their audience. From 2pm.
Keep an eye on this page as we update with more info regarding the day's events and schedule.
All activities operate on a 'drop in' basis so no need to book in - just turn up and join in! To ensure a great experience for everyone involved, some activities will be capped at a certain capacity.