Kickstart – Building Operations Assistant
This role is for 25 hours per week: Mostly weekdays and during the daytime, but with occasional weekend and evening work.
As a Building Maintenance Assistant, you will work with our General Manager to ensure the safe operation of Theatre by the Lake and Lakeside (our adjoining café) and making sure that our whole estate is kept presentable for our visitors.
• Safety checks – you will support and, in time, lead of carrying out safety checks around the buildings. This will include testing fire and intruder alarms, checking emergency lighting and fire fighting equipment and flushing through water systems to prevent the risk of legionella. We’ll give you plenty of training to make sure you know what you are doing.
• Minor maintenance – you will assist with plumber, painting and carpentry fixes and be shown how to identify and rectify common problems.
• Gardening/ground maintenance – you will support with making sure that our outside areas look tidy and presentable including planting and weeding, leaf sweeping and litter picking. You’ll take great pride in knowing that you have been responsible for an attractive environment.
• Building operations – you will receive and put away deliveries, set up and pack away meeting rooms with furniture and IT eqt for internal and external meetings and generally assist with the operation of the theatre as a whole.
• Housekeeping – you will support the wider operations team with making sure that the building is presentable. This might mean doing some cleaning, emptying bins, receiving and putting away deliveries or moving furniture and equipment.
• You will enjoy working hard and being flexible to rapidly changing priorities. Sometimes the role will be stressful and you will need to be able to manage conflicting priorities in a positive and constructive way.
• You will have a keen eye for detail and enjoying spotting and solving problems.
• You won’t mind getting your hands dirty and enjoy fixing things!
• You will take as much pride in delivering small and large jobs and be very safety conscious.
• You will be flexible in when you are available to work including daytimes and some early starts, evenings and weekends – but we’ll always give you plenty of notice where possible. Sometimes we will need you to work at other locations around the city too.
• You will thrive on working as part of a team and supporting your colleagues to achieve great customer service.
• It would be great if you had done similar work before or have some practical maintenance or gardening experience, but the right attitude is more important, and training will be provided.
Mostly weekdays and during the daytime, but with occasional weekend and evening work
National Minimum Wage
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYABILITY SUPPORT
We will create a bespoke training plan for you and invest in relevant training to both enable you to safely do your work with us, but also to provide you with evidenced based experience to take on to another job.
Some of this we will deliver in house and on the job, with our existing team – this will be focused on the skills that you will need to fulfil this job. At other times we may enrol you in online and offsite training with specialist providers.
You will have a designated mentor during your journey with us, who will make sure that you get the support and training that you need to excel in this job and progress beyond it.
Please apply for this job via the DWP government website here.
For any further enquiries please speak to your Work Coach at the jobcentre.